Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Highlights of 2008

Friday February 15 @ The Echo in Los Angeles
I saw St. Vincent in concert with Mel. Great Show. Annie Clark is an amazing guitarist, vocalist and lyricist. I was blown away by the creativity in her music, which I think can only be fully appreciated when experienced live. Talented and beautiful. I hate her. Just kidding.

Thursday, May 1-Monday, May 5 in New York City, New York
I spent six days in a hostel in NYC with a friend. We ate the best pizza ever and saw Fuerzabruta. Thinking about this trip reminds me of how fortunate I am to have this person in my life. He's solid and genuine--qualities not so easily found.

Wednesday, August 20 @ a studio in Culver City

I auditioned for the game show, "Deal or No Deal." Because...why not? I met some fun people, got to talk about myself in front of an audience and pretended to win $500,000 in front of a camera. It was fun. They still haven't called me.

Sunday, October 19 @ Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, CA

I had a day retreat in a cemetery. It was peaceful and beautiful--some of the most moving pieces of art I've ever experienced are at Forest Lawn. The retreat ended with a really wonderful, encouraging prayer session with one of my closest friends at Fuller. We need to do this again, soon.

Friday, October 31 @ a Couple of Parties

September and October were especially rough months. Halloween was the perfect excuse for me to express my angst. And who doesn't love Margot Tenenbaum anyway, am I right?

Friday, November 21 @ Conrad's

Ann and I got to talking, and we ended up writing the outline of my dissertation question and method on a napkin, which I presented to Dr. Brown the next day, who gave me an enthusiastic go-ahead. He told me to start collecting data A.S.A.P. I reminded him I still needed to write my Master's Thesis. "Oh, yes. Of course," he replied.

Thursday, November 27 @ home in San Jose, CA

Thanksgiving. An incident occurred during which I was reminded that my brother and sisters have my back. Always. This meant a lot. Thanks guys.

Lots and Lots of Weddings
Joanne and Alex, March 8 in Alta Dena, CA
Rachel and Dave, April 19 in Palo Alto, CA
Kathy and Andrew, May 3 in New York City, NY
Garland and Cyntha, June 7 in Irvine, CA
Josh and Janelle, June 22 in Upland, CA
Joanne and Danny, June 28 in Studio City, CA
Benson and Audrey, August 23 in San Diego, CA

It was a good year. : )

Christina

P.S. I was scanning through my iCal as I wrote this entry.

1 comment:

  1. loooove this. i flipped through my planner as i wrote mine out. you are inspiring me to post mine :)

    the highlight of this entry for me, though, was your w. brown quote. love it!

    ReplyDelete